|'...extremely practical ...can be applied immediately in every business situation.
Michael Wood, General Manager, Kingston Property Constructions Pty Ltd
The skill of asking the right question at the right time and in a way that works is an essential skill for business leaders that can save your company millions of dollars….and even save the company.
This practical, hands-on book, is packed with techniques, examples, and exercises. You will learn:
questions that highly effective business leaders ask - questions that make a significant difference to your business every day
a powerful new model that enables you to use questions and language to shift, shape and influence thinking and awareness so that you can:
negotiate more effectively
quickly identify potential risks
turn problems into solutions
coach with skill
handle criticism and disagreement
turn resistance to change into ownership of change
significantly improve outcomes of meetings.
|The Powerful Questions provide excellent essential skills for any Director or Executive in the public or private sector. The vital 'How to' Skill.
Lindsay Oxlad, Director, Health Partners.
You will learn to identify the language patterns that create traps and pitfalls (and financial loss) for the unsuspecting business leader, together with questioning strategies to deal with those patterns, including how to:
- probe, test, clarify, verify and elicit facts
- recognise when someone is avoiding a problem or hiding information
- ensure the best information and data is obtained for due diligence enquiries
- identify hidden motivators and agendas
- negotiate more effectively
- challenge assumptions, beliefs and opinions and identify facts and risk
- turn resistance to change into ownership of change
- expose deficiencies in proposals, reports, process and strategy
- generate accountability and responsibility
- clarify meaning and intention of other people.
|Useful in Board meetings, committees and difficult negotiations. The techniques will help in getting to the real situation. The Powerful Questions provide a very useful framework for getting to the facts. It's often what's not said that is more important than what is actually said.
Christine Hawkins, Director, Cinnabar International.
Warning: The contents of this book may cause the following symptoms:
- Elimination of excuses, blame, justification
- Focus and clarity
- Greatly increased vitality of your people and business
- Quicker and more effective meetings
- Improved performance and productivity
- Reduce potential risks
- Straight talk, accurate thinking
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
If Outside of Australia Buy on AMAZON
Asking the Powerful Questions is the best value that a Director can bring to a board, ensuring that everyone is accountable and that the Directors are properly informed. The questions are ideal for identifying potential trouble spots. An excellent program. I apply the techniques constantly. It is a very useful process.
Leo Menkens, Director. Menkins & Associates financial services.
A powerful yet simple set of techniques that will enable me to ask relevant questions without appearing to question the integrity of others.
Vanessa Boully, Chairman, Royal Flying Doctor Service
Formally known as
"Powerful Questions That Every Director, Executive and Manager Must Ask"
retitled in 2008 - content remains the same
Add to Basket